MR Scientist/at the Division of Molecular and Structural Preclinical Imaging (PIL) at the Medical University of Vienna
- Physik, Biologie, Biomedizintechnik, Medizintechnik
- Medizinische Universität Wien, Universitätsklinik für Radiologie und Nuklearmedizin, Abteilung für molekulare und strukturelle präklinische Bildgebung (PIL)
- Closing Date
MR Scientist: 80%-100%, Vienna, 2 years with option to fix term
The Division of Molecular and Structural Preclinical Imaging (PIL) at the Medical University of Vienna
(https://radnuk.meduniwien.ac.at/forschung/pil/), seeks a highly motivated MR scientist for the development of groundbreaking magnetic resonance and multimodal imaging technology for preclinical applications. The division consolidates several research groups devoted to the development of novel structural, functional, metabolic and molecular imaging methods in the fields of cancer, cardiovascular, neuro and MSK research. State-of-the-art infrastructure for in vivo imaging includes advanced a 9.4T PET/MRI scanner, PET/SPECT/ CT scanners, ultrasound, optical imaging etc..
• You will be responsible for the development of new methodologies and biological applications of preclinical
magnetic resonance imaging +/- PET.
• Work in close cooperation with teams developing contrast media and new PET/SPECT tracers.
• Support and expand our collaborative network with the local and international biomedical research partners.
• Depending on career stage and aspirations, the position may involve recruitment of grant funding.
• PhD degree and/or postdoctoral experience in physics, biomedical or electrical engineering or biology with a
strong focus on magnetic resonance imaging
• Deep knowledge of MR imaging and spectroscopy hardware, sequences, and state-of-the-art methodologies
(e.g.: Pmod, AMIRA, jMRUI, JIM/Xinapse)
• Scientific publication record
• Analytical skills and programming expertise with data/image processing and analysis (MATLAB etc.)
• Practical experience with in vivo animal experimentation
• Willingness to acquire competitive funding
• Excellent command of English, self-motivation, goal-oriented and positive attitude
For further details please contact: Thomas.Helbich(at)meduniwien.ac.at
- Main contact
- Name: Prof. Thomas Helbich
- Email: thomas.helbich(at)meduniwien.ac.at
- Phone: 43 (0)1 40400-48930
- Fax: 43 (01) 40400-48940