Since the introduction of the global budget, the FWF not only conducts an ex-ante evaluation of funding proposals, but also an ex-post review of the projects. Reviewers who had been entrusted with the original application are requested to give a final evaluation of how the project progressed and its ultimate success.
The launch of the new system has now also made it possible to submit online reviews. Reviewers receive access and read permission to the respective project and can write their respective reviews on the final report there. Afterwards, these will be made available to the PI to view and print. Only the principal investigator, the reviewers, and the FWF have access to these reviews; project staff members do not automatically receive access.
Reviewers are requested to comment on the following items:
- Scientific/scholarly success of the project
- Development of human resources in the course of the project
- Effects of the project beyond the research field (in the sense of applications in or impacts on social, cultural, ecological, medical, economic and/or technological areas)
- Project performance (in the sense of efficient use of available resources)
- Future perspectives of the research work
Reviewers are requested to provide a numerical rating regarding the overall assessment of the project. This rating will be passed on to the principal investigator if the project has been approved after May 2015.
You can download the guidelines for reviewers via the following link: Review Guidelines