18. Jun 2019 Historian Philipp Ther and biologist Michael Wagner received this year’s Wittgenstein Awards on the MAK stage on 17 June 2019, applauded by a 450-strong audience.
11. Mar 2019 Marking the occasion of International Women’s Day on 8 March 2019, Secretary General Martin Netzer from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF) and FWF President Klement Tockner awarded the funding certificates to the outstanding women scientists.
Alpbach 2017 „Conflict and Cooperation“ – Breakout Session „Open Science, Dark Knowledge: Science in an Age of Ignorance“
11. Oct 2017 In the era of Big Data, more and more data and information are accumulating each year. Yet, there is currently no parallel increase in actual public knowledge. The concept of Open Science is important, yet complementary approaches are urgently needed for narrowing the gap between potential and actual public knowledge – we term this gap Dark Knowledge. In this session, internationally leading experts discussed how to cope with increasing ignorance and misinformation in decision-making processes.
20. Jan 2017 The Weiss Prize 2016 was awarded to the Innsbruck-based foehn researcher Alexander Gohm. Endowed by the Weiss Science Foundation, the Weiss Prize in support of research is managed by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF). This was the first time it has been awarded in Innsbruck.
08. Jun 2015 Presentation of START and Wittgenstein Award recipients by Federal Minister Reinhold Mitterlehner and FWF President Pascale Ehrenfreund on June 8, 2015 (venue: Sofiensäle, Vienna).
13. Apr 2015
17. Jun 2014 anlässlich der diesjährigen Auszeichnung der START- und Wittgenstein-PreisträgerInnen durch Bundesminister Reinhold Mitterlehner und FWF-Präsidentin Pascale Ehrenfreund am 17. Juni 2014, Orangerie Schönbrunn.
03. Jun 2014
21. May 2014 anlässlich der Auszeichnung der Hertha Firnberg- und Elise-Richter-Stelleninhaberinnen 2013 am 21. Mai 2014