- Communication Sciences
- Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA)
• Full Time (40 h/w)
• Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria / Home Office possible
• € 3,000* gross/month, the position is limited until July 2023
Communication of scientific topics to the non-scientific public is a core task of our division Communications & Events. As part of the Communications team, you will create content based on scientific projects and research at ISTA across all our disciplines. You will also write and co-edit different PR publications and communication formats (e.g. annual report, proofreading various texts).
• Network and build relationships with scientists on campus
• Conduct interviews with scientists and translate their research projects and publications into accessible stories
• Self-dependent production of clear, concise, accurate texts about research, science topics, or the Institute
• Generate content for press releases, reports, websites, events, social media, magazine articles and brochures for various target audiences (from children to politicians)
• Support scientists in their ambition to communicate science through various channels
• University degree in the natural sciences (Master or PhD) combined with a strong journalistic approach
• Proven work experience in science communication, for example as scientific journalist or science writer
• Excellent language skills in English and German (spoken and written)
• Ability to understand complex scientific information, theories, and practices, combined with very good verbal expression
• Textual and style confidence across target groups and scientific areas
• Methodical and detail-oriented approach to work
• Ability to work efficiently and as part of a team
• Education & training
• Free shuttle bus
• Multiple health offers
• Pension insurance
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment.
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Name: Heidemarie Binishofer