- T Cell Biology
- Institute of Immunology, MedUni Wien
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral fellow who is interested to investigate transcriptional control mechanisms regulating murine and human Th cell differentiation, in particular assessing the role of the BTB-ZF transcription factor MAZR. Moreover, we will explore MAZR function during murine embryonic development. The experimental strategies to address our research interests include multi-color flow-cytometry, a variety of immunological tools, biochemical and molecular ap-proaches, retroviral-mediated gene transduction into hematopoietic stem cells, next generation se-quencing, mass spectrometry and mouse molecular genetics tools.
PUBLICATIONS RELATED TO THE RESEARCH TOPIC
• Bilic et al, Nature Immunol, 7(4) PMID: 16491076
• Ellmeier W, and Taniuchi, I. Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology. 381: PMID: 24850219
• Sakaguchi et al, Nat Immunol. 11(5) PMID: 20383150
• Sakaguchi et al, J Immunol. 195(6) PMID: 26254341
• Andersen L et al, Cell Rep. 29(13) PMID: 31875552
• A PhD degree (or equivalent) in life sciences with an excellent productivity record
• Track record in molecular and/or cellular immunology (in particular T cell biology)
• Experience in working with mouse models would be advantageous
• Strong motivation to engage in the project and to work independently
Being part of an Austrian Science Fund (FWF) funded research project in an international research group that investigates the molecular regulation of T cell-mediated immunity at the Institute of Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria, embedded in a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment with access to state-of-the-art technology.
SALARY and APPOINTMENT DURATION
The monthly gross salary will be in accordance with the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) rates: (https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/)
The postdoctoral fellow position is initially for 2 years with a possibility to extend for additional 12 months.
Electronic applications must include the following documents in a single PDF file:
1. Academic curriculum vitae of no more than 2 -3 pages
2. List of peer-reviewed publications
3. At least two names of academic references
4. Motivation letter explaining why you wish to start / continue a career in the field (1 page)
Applications (subject heading “Application for Postdoc-Position”) or questions about the open position should be e-mailed to: wilfried.ellmeier(at)meduniwien.ac.at
The call is open from May 1, 2021 until the position is filled. Short-listed candidates will be invited for Zoom interviews as soon as possible. The position is open from June 2021. The actual start date is flexible.
- Name: Wilfried Ellmeier